Pet dies in Jefferson City house fire; fire alarm notifies family
JEFFERSON CITY -- A working smoke detector notified a Jefferson City family of a fire Monday night.
They were able to escape because of the warning.
The Jefferson City Fire Department responded to the house fire at around 6 p.m. Monday night.
According to a press release, no humans were injured at the house on the 1100 block of Major Drive, but first responders found a family pet dead inside. A department press release did not identify the type of pet.
The fire started in the house's basement. An electrical issue started the fire, according to a JCFD press release.